- Poll: Trump, Congress not doing enough to prevent mass shootingsMore than half of Americans say neither President Donald Trump nor Congress are doing enough to prevent mass shootings, a new survey Tuesday said.
- Russia mulls LNG option for PakistanRussia could help improve energy security for Pakistan through the delivery of liquefied natural gas, the Russian foreign minister said Tuesday.
- FBI joins search for missing five-year-old Kansas boyThe FBI joined the search for a missing 5-year-old Kansas boy who was last seen in his bedroom Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
- Lupita Nyong'o makes Michael B. Jordan do push-ups over lost betLupita Nyong'o continues to make her "Black Panther" co-star Michael B. Jordan do push-ups on command over an undisclosed bet that the actor lost.
- Gita blasts New Zealand; several districts declare emergencySeven districts in New Zealand have declared states of emergency after Cyclone Gita, which left floods, power outages, road closures and disrupted travel.
- Braxton shows her engagement ring from Birdman in 'Family Values' trailerToni Braxton announced her engagement to rapper Birdman in a new trailer for the upcoming season of reality series, "Braxton Family Values."
- Iraq wants oil exported through TurkeyThe Iraqi government said it wants to discuss with Turkey the potential for moving oil again from federal territory to a port on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Poll: Trump, Congress not doing enough to prevent mass shootings
Former Hidalgo County Judge Eloy Pulido confirmed last week that he appointed Manuel Chapa as his Campaign Treasurer in mid November. Since that time he has been actively campaigning for the position of Hidalgo County Judge, making him the first official candidate for the job.
Pulido has served as Hidalgo County Judge in the past and sees a lot of work to be done. “We need to lower taxes and try to recover from the runaway spending of the current administration. There are problems with the cost and location of the new courthouse and we need a clear plan for economic development in Hidalgo County.”
In the short few days since the announcement by Ramon Garcia that he would not run for reelection, Pulido’s candidacy has been covered by five of the Rio Grande Valley’s news sources: Valley Town Crier, The McAllen Monitor, The Brownsville Herald, The Pharr Advance, and The Edinburg Review. For more information visit www.votepulido.com and the complete list of articles is at
In the mid 1990’s+ when Chris Medellin asked Michael Steenbergen, “Hey, make me a web page., You look like the Bill Gates geek type.” He continued “I know you can do it. ”
Fourteen years AND 161 domain ownerships later, Michael agrees.
Use the Web-a-dex
Historical references to the ‘shot heard round the world’ are numerous and well recognized. This symbol of American resolve and determination showed this fledgling group of colonialists would to stay the course no matter the cost. The style of living of even poverty stricken world cultures recognized the American experiment had failed for the Europeans but certainly not for ‘new worlders’.
… breaking news>>>
OBAMA CAMPAIGN OFFICIALLY ENDORSES EVENT WITH SUPPORT PAGE
The “Spirit of Texas” Democratic Party Rally, Voter Registration Drive and Scholarship Fundraiser will be held May 19th at Johnson Park in Marble Falls Texas. Deputy Voter Registrars officially begin the picnic at 2 PM and top Democrats will begin taking the stage around 2:30 PM at the Main Amphitheater; and the National Anthem will officially open the Rally at around 2:45 PM The actual picnic is from 2:00 to 7:00 PM on the entire South side of Johnson Park, while the Congressional Speakers and the Main Event occurs at 2:45 PM. Voter Registration Picnic runs until 6:30 PM . Candidate literature for Democrats all around the nation and especially Texas and our locality will be available. More than a dozen total candidates and representatives will be here for a chance to speak to them in person. —
CPR In House Press Release
Title: President Obama Campaign Provides Endorsement Page for Generation Party Democratic Caucus May 19th 2:30 PM Johnson Park Events
Press Release Date: May 6, 2012 : 1030 PM CST -V1
Location: Granite Shoals, Texas
Author: Michael Steenbergen
Organization: GenPAC of Texas
Title or Duty: Treasurer and Chair
- Obama Campaign,
- Guy Stuart, Chair Burnet County Democratic Party,
- Shirley Schmidt, President
- Mary Ann Raesner
Elaine Henderson Bio Summary
Teacher-Harris County Youth Village, HISD. Airport Operations Supervisor and Airport Security
Coordinator, City of Houston Airport System. I’ve had a variety of job experiences in growing up on a
dairy farm, working in accounting in a city’s tax office, banks and for a pipeline company. Aviation
Business Manager/owner. Clear Lake Aviation. Selling flying lessons, aircraft and maintenance,
borrowing and paying back business loans, making payroll, paying taxes, and complying with Federal
Aviation Regulations gives me an explicit view of government policy.
Now retired and living with husband, David, in Lago Vista. We have children in Austin & Round Rock
and two grandchildren there. I sing in the choir at Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Austin and
take care of our retirement investments. Long time environmentalist and Sierra Club supporter.
Education, AA degree – Fullerton Jr. College, Fullerton, CA. BS Elementary Ed. University of Houston.
I’m wanting to get back to public service. Too many in Congress seem not to care about the public at
Speech highlights –
Why keeping our promises to our people makes the most economic sense. The circle of good
government spending leads to more and better jobs and a better overall economy. Greed is not good.
The real threat to our children and grandchildren – protecting the waters of Central Texas
From: Ann Hunter <email@example.com>
To: Elaine Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:13 PM
US Congress TX District 25
Elaine Henderson, Candidate
As Vice President of Highland Lakes Democratic Women, it is my responsibility to send information about our speakers to our publicists. We are excited to have a Democratic candidate running for such a high office coming to speak to us, and we want to let the community know about you. Please send me a short biography and a catchy title for your talk as soon as possible. When this is done, I’ll email you more specific information about our meetings including time, place and directions.
Again, thanks so much for agreeing to meet with us.
Please enjoy the new security allowed by the use of the Askimet key system. Let us know what you think of the user verification for publishing press releases.
This free press release service enables internet users to bypass agents and publicists and provide their information and news directly to the internet and world news services.